Friday, August 5, 2011

Character... it's what defines you

Who am I? What do I want people to perceive me as? Do they see the real me? Do I see the real me? Is my character reflected in my actions when I'm not paying attention?

I'm really all over the place. The person that people see depends on the situation I am in. I'm shy, I'm talkative, I'm insecure, I'm confidant, I'm a wallflower, I'm the life of the party... the list could go on and on. So really... am I even being true to myself.

All I know is this... I'm not perfect. I make mistakes, I say things I shouldn't, I laugh too loud, I hold back too much, I cry, I wear my heart on my sleeve, I keep people at a distance, and I'm just trying to figure this all out. But even as crazy and awkward as I can be, I will always put on love. Even in anger, I put on love. Even when I'm sad, I put on love. That is my true character. I'm not a rude person, and in every situation, I do the best I can to always let my heart lead.

And if people can see that no matter what is happening around me, I care, then that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment